REQUIREMENTS FOR REGULAR MEMBERSHIP
1. The applicant must receive his / her professional education and training from a recognized education institution that holds accredited status with The Councils on Chiropractic Education International (CCEI) accrediting bodies at the time of graduation. CCEI accrediting bodies are:-
· Council on Chiropractic Education Australasia (CCEA)
· Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory and Educational Accrediting Boards (CFCREAB)
· Council on Chiropractic Education United States of America (CCE)
· European Council in Chiropractic Education (ECCE)
2. The applicant must be licensed to practice Chiropractic:
· If the applicant is practicing in Malaysia, he / she must be registered with the Malaysian Traditional and Complementary Medicine Council.
· If the applicant is practicing overseas, he / she must be registered with the statutory regulatory body in that country.
· If the applicant is practicing in a country where there is no statutory regulatory body, he / she must be a member of the local national chiropractic association which is recognized by the World Federation of Chiropractic.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND FEES
1. All sections of the application form, including the declaration, must be completed.
2. The following supporting documents must be submitted with a completed application form.
· Scanned copy of the chiropractic certificate issued by the institution he / she graduated from.
· Scanned copy of licenses issued by the licensing board of any jurisdiction where he /she has practiced.
· A letter of good standing from the licensing board of any jurisdiction where he / she has practiced.
· A letter of good standing from any chiropractic association of which he /she has been a member.
· Scanned copy of his / she identification document (Identification Card for Malaysians and Passport for non-Malaysian).
2. Application fee is waived for chiropractic graduates who join as regular members within one month from his / her degree's conferral date.
3. For applicants with prior practice experience or any application after one month from his / her degree's conferral date:-
· Payment of the application fee (RM500.00) must be made at the time of lodging an application and the application fee is not refundable.
· The applicant will be informed of the result of his / her application within one month.
· Upon approval, the payment for the annual membership fee must be made within two weeks period to become a member of the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia.
· Failure to do so will result in the application being treated as withdrawn and the appropriate reapplication fees must be paid.
4. The membership dues and fees shall be:
· Application Fee: RM500.00.
· Regular Membership: RM500.00 per annum.
· Late Penalty: RM100.00.
· Reactivation Fees: RM200.00
· Student Membership: RM50.00 per annum.
5. New Regular Membership applications are entitled to a pro-rated fee of RM250.00 during his / her first calendar year as a member if he / she application was approved from 1 July to 31 December of the same calendar year.
6. Any Student Member of the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia who joins as a Regular Member within one month of his / her degree's conferral date is entitled to a thirty percent (30%) discount for his / her first calendar year as a Regular Member.
7. All membership must be renewed annually before 31 December. Failure to renew their membership before 31 December may incur a late fee and result in an automatic lapse of membership and corresponding loss of rights and privileges.
8. These conditions may change with amendments in policies and regulations of the Association.
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE
1. Please be informed that all Regular Members are required to carry valid professional indemnity insurance as stipulated in the Code of Ethics of both the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia (ACM) and the Federation of Complementary & Natural Medical Association, Malaysia (FCNMAM).
2. For the MSIG Professional Liability Insurance Scheme for Traditional and Complementary Medicine Practitioners, kindly take note of the following terms and conditions.
· Only chiropractors who are holding an active and valid Association of Chiropractic Malaysia membership will be entitled to obtain or renew the MSIG Professional Liability Insurance Scheme for Traditional and Complementary Medicine Practitioners policy.
· Chiropractors who are not ACM members are not entitled to the MSIG Professional Liability Insurance Scheme for Traditional and Complementary Medicine Practitioners policy.
· Upon obtaining or renewing the MSIG Professional Liability Insurance Scheme for Traditional and Complementary Medicine Practitioners policy, the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia's Certificate of Membership is required to submit as a supporting document
1. All members of the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia are entitled to membership privileges.
2. Below are listing all the members' privileges.
· Corporate Wellness Package (until 31 December 2022)
· Hilton Corporate Discount
· PTT Outdoor Discount Code (until 31st March 2023)
· Pott Glasses Corporate Deal (until 30th April 2023)
· Nissan Employees Purchase Program
· Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC) Corporate Discount Program (Ford models) (until 31st December 2022)
· International Medical University (IMU) Bursary for Master of Science in Public Health (MScPH) and Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management (MBA-HCM)
· Sime Darby Motor Corporate Discount Program (until 25th April 2023)
· Volkswagen Passenger Cars Corporate Employee Purchase Scheme (until 30th April 2024)
· MyFeet Exclusive Corporate Discount (until 31 December 2022)
· Logan University Bursary for Doctor of Health Profession Education (DHPE), Masters in Sports Science & Rehabilitation (MS-SSR), Masters in Nutrition and Human Performance (MS-NHP) and Masters in Health Informatics (MS-HI) (07 July 2021 to 06 July 2023)
· McTimoney College of Chiropractic Bursary for MSc Chiropractic (Paediatrics) Programme
· Universal Fitness & Leisure Sdn. Bhd. Corporate Discount
· Naturenite (25 February 2022 to 25 February 2023)
If there are any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Upon payment of the annual regular membership fee, the member shall be entitled to the following privileges:-
Upon payment of the annual non-practicing membership fee, the member shall be entitled to the following privileges:-
Upon payment of the annual student membership fee, the student member shall be entitled to the following privileges:-